Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESEUTIL and ISINTEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwill96

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
I have been reading allot of information on the web about runningthese two utils on my excjange boxes. I'm a little worried in the fact that I just started supporting a place that has never ran these on their databases. I'm not sure of how things may play out here when I run them. As well I;m not sure of how their network is completely setup as of yet. The servers have been up for a couple of years and it really scares me to start doing things.

here is what I'm looking at doing

eseutil /mh priv.edb & pub.edb > Priv & pub.txt
looking for the STATE line to check consistancy

eseutil /d priv.edb & pub.edb

Hopefully I will not have to use the /r or the /p on the databases.

I have never really used the ISINTEG for anything other then doing a restore form backup after running eseutil with /d. Do I need to run this on the databses after doing the offline eseutil?
Please look over and I'm open for any suquestions on this.

If you are worried about making any changes (read fixes)

you can run the following.
Depending on the version of isinteg you are running, you may need to type in all caps.

ISINTEG -PRI -VERBOSE -TEST ALLTESTS
for the private info store

ISINTEG -PUB -VERBOSE -TEST ALLTESTS
for the public info store

When you feel more secure, add the -FIX option to the command line.

If your info store is big it could take several hours to complete. Make sure users know the server will be DOWN the whole time.

Good luck,
Dana

They are pretty self explanatory but I would not use them unless I was experiencing problems with the database. Running the commands given by Dana will let you know if there are any problems.

Consider them for an offline defragmentation if you are badly running out of space but in fairness the online defrag works well. Look at your event id's 1221 to check free space.

If you do use make sure you do an offline backup so you can always get back to a consistent state if everything goes pear shaped.

Thank you both for responing to my post. I have made a purcedure that I hope will keep me out of the woods wwhen running my utis on the databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back