Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eserver p670

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoux

Technical User
Nov 9, 2000
MY
Hi !

I'will be using IBM eserver p670 in due course. therefore, appreciate if you can share with me your knowledge in this capacity.what OS level do i need to install in this server ? how about aix 5L ver 5.1 . can this server run on aix ver4.3 ?

thanks in advance

shoux

shoux

shoux
The p670 will run AIX 5.1 or 5.2. The main difference between them is dynamic logical partitions (DLPAR).
AIX 5.1 will do logical partitions (LPAR) but they are static and to change them they have to be shutdown.

eServer p670 needs to use AIX 5.1 or above, it does not run on AIX 4.3.X. The AIX 5.2 is a good option if you want to use DLPAR.
Recently, IBM announced the new clock speed for p670, 1.5 GHz, the old one was 1.1 GHz.

Regards,

Thanks for your advise
in that case i would prefer to install Aix 5.2
I still need other opinion for the following issues :-

1. currently, I,m using (RDBMS) universe Rel 9.6 in Aix 4.3 to install it in Aix 5.2. can aix 5.2 accommodate the universe rel 9.6
2 how about data migration from old machine (Riss/6000) to the p670. pls advise what technique is suitable to execute. example backup and restore(tape) or disk to disk copy

thanking in your advance

shoux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back