Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESA with LTER - No CPND on the receiving set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telephonist

Technical User
Sep 3, 2003
US
I'm setting up ESA in my switch, and I have a question about CPND.

University Campus environment, and 9-1-1 calls go to the University Police. Current arrangement uses the Network Speed Call function in NARS.

I want to use ESA for both OSN, and the imminent placement of IP phones in an off-campus location (probable different treatment of 9-1-1 calls).

My setup is working, but using ESA routing, I'm losing the CPND at the cop shop. CPND includes building and room info for the police dispatchers, so it's a critical component of the call.

Any of the ESA experts out there know of a way to get CPND through the ESA LTER call process?

Thanks.

There is no LTER when you use ESA, I'm not sure how you are accomplishing this. The ESA will override any other programming.

Local termination of ESA calls was added in (I believe) Release 5.0. Read a current manual to find out how it's used.

So 911 calls are terminating at the same set that has an OSN key? Could that be the problem? Maybe the display is confused by too much info. Just a thought.
Have to ask - Does the CPND display if the DN of the security phone is dialed directly (not 911)?

You might consider setting up an OSN tty port and either a printer or PC link to the port. The OSN key is okay but it can only handle one call at a time without being "acknowledged" by the operator. When it gets busy it can get forgotten. That's my experience anyway.
With the OSN tty they can have a running history of 911 calls and misdials.

No OSN Key is configured at this time. I get OSN information on TTY terminals, to see what's happening during testing.

Yes, CPND displays on the Dispatch sets (3904s), and my test sets (1140e and 2616), when called directly, as well as through the current Network Speed Call setup.

On the TTY OSN the CPND of the calling set shows as normal, but is somehow being stripped before ringing the target set. All I get is the calling DN, and the ESDN on the target set display.

I'm pretty sure you have to have the OSN key on 1 phone and 1 phone only with a unique DN. So you cant have multiple appearances of that DN anywhere. The OSN key is what gives you the 911 caller info when you press the button.

Just a though but is there enough lines of display have you tried pressing the down arrow is there more info?

Sorry, things got really busy here.

The OSN key function is optional. You don't have to use it. That being said, I set one up in my office, and it does show the CPND, just like the TTY OSN prints out. But the CPND still doesn't show on the ESA target phone.

Also, there's not an issue with having enough lines of display. The CPND is just not carried through the ESA routing to the LTER set.

Thanks for thinking about it. I've sent my configuration to someone at Avaya, to see if they can figure out why. Hopefully there's a fix, otherwise I'll have to look into software and an ALI database for the cop shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back