Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERS 3549GTS-PWR+ random port reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

le00n

Technical User
Jan 10, 2018
PL
Hi!

I have to manage network with Avaya / Nortel switches. I am not familiar with network management. So I would like to ask you guys for help. I can't handle how to investigate why some ports reset on my Ethernet Routing Switch 3549GTS-PWR+.
I have two vlans - data and voice. Into voice vilan I have connected AVAYA IPPHONES (we use IPOFFICE 500v2). In some ports randomly (onece per month or three weeks) handset restart itself.
I suspect POE. Probably switch doesn't have enough power to suplay that phones. But I am not sure abot it.
In logs I only finde information:

[pre]2018-01-08 15:04:46 GMT+02:00 62134 Link Down Trap for Port: 21
I 2018-01-08 15:04:49 GMT+02:00 62135 Link Up Trap for Port: 21
I 2018-01-08 15:05:51 GMT+02:00 62136 Trap: lldpXMedTopologyChangeDetected, Subtype = 5 Class = 3[/pre]

Could You tell me how can I investigate one port to disover why it is happen? Is there debug mode for one port on thath switch?

Thanks for help.

ERS3549 supports power on all ports at the same time. Phone don’t consume that much power. Looks more like a bad cable.

It could be. But few weeks ago I have similar situation but with 5 phones at the same time (it has happen 3 times in 3 week). Those reseting phones were agents' handset on call centre.
When I found that all of them are connected to one ERS 3549GRS switch I thought that it can handle with so many POE adapters. I change some phones to other switch and there is no problem from one month.
But one phone reset once last time. So I would like to see why?

Phone can reset also because of the IPO telling them it losing connectivity.
If the phone doesn't get a response to the keep alive they will reboot.
Run monitor with h.323 enabled and see if you can see something there

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Even when agent has a call? Last reboot was during conversation with cusstomer. Calls are recorded (mandatory). Number of licences are grater then agents so it is not a problem.
Especialy when call has begun. System must have licences and free line in Voicemail to start conection.

Thanks for advice. I will check it from monitor to see if there is something suspect.

Some power commands

show poe-main-status
show poe-port-status <port-list>
show poe-power-measurement <port-list>

andy88 thanks for commands. I knew about them. When I run them everything seems to be ok. Power is in limit. Nothing special. Last time I even count maximum IP phone power consumption and multiply by ports number. And it is less then maximum swith power for POE about 40W.
But still can't find a way how to search log with more infomration. Because those commands doesn't show power consumpiton from past. It is only present score.
So that is why I search for some debug commands.

But thanks a lor for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back