Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors with the attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Hello,

My receptionists have a second console they use to train temps and occasionally use. When it's not in use, they unplug the phone and store it in a desk drawer. By unplugging the console, a warning is prompted in my error log.

Is there an answer to this scenario? I tried using TTI figuring when the station is not in use, it could use an X port...but it doesn't appear TTI works.

Any suggestions? At this point the only thing I can come up with is having the operators let me know when they will be using the second console and I'll change the port from X to it's proper port.

Instead of unplugging the phone via the line cord, try unplugging just the headset/handset (P-10 adapter) from the phone.

-Chris Rodier

Not a bad idea, but the I think the attendants are unplugging the phone for space purposes.

Hello phoneguy,

It is not recommended to have an attendant-console without a port assigned to it, or to leave it disconnected. I'm not 100% sure why, but several people have stressed this to me in the past, it has something to do with extra (unnecessary) overhead/error-handling in the attd algorithm (allthough it is not critical, try to avoid anyway). If possible, try to find a way to put the console in the drawer while still connected (but with the head/handset unplugged and/or in busy mode).

Cheers,
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back