Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors with SSL CA Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lc2978

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2006
Hello,

I have a situation the following situation with my webserver:

1. Whenever connecting from IE6and by clicking on "View Certificate"

It displays: "This certificate cannot be verified to a trusted certification authority"

The certificate was a red circle with x on the bottom:

Under details it shows exclamation sign on: Key Usage, and Basic Constraints. Unders certificate path it shows it is ok.

2. In IE7 while going to the site it displays an ugly message.

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate"

options: either click to close this page or
Continue to this website (not recommended) we click there but I wonder why we are getting this errors??????

Anyone can help me? Do I need to purchase a newe SSL with EV? Or this one can be fixed. the expiration date isstill fione....

Thanks

MarkL

Sometimes the machine that the browser is running on needs to have it's root certificates updated. This usually is done via Microsoft Update. This happened to me and that was the solution.

If that doesn't fix the issue I would view the certificates details you need to see when the certificate expires and who the issuer was. If it is a non-standard issuer (such as your own CA) you need to tell your browser to trust that CA.

James :)

James Culshaw

Thank you James, Do you know what update I need to install to resolve this issue. I added the https at trusted site for itself and it did not fix the issue. Also, if you know what update i need to install to resolve this issue.

Thanks again,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back