Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors with items w/ serial numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2004
US
I recently notice that some items transaction that I've done, didn't update the item's qty on hand and all of the items with issue has the tracking set to serial numbers. We do not use the track setting, but some were accidentally set.
Example of what happens, I would transfer an item from one site to another, and the qty would transfer but the orginal site would still have the same qty. Same goes to item adjustments.
In the history, would show the transaction but if you add up the qty, it would be off.
What would cause this?

GP 7.5

Thanks in advance,

Hung

if you have items marked as serial or lot then when doing transactions they must be transfered as such. ie when adjustment is made you must pick the inventory with the serial or lot.

if you do not, then the adjustment will just create additional inventory

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

My problem was that I didn't have any serial number to pick from, so I created new ones. But that still didn't work. So I just went in the backend and changed the tracking to "none". Now I have to go back to see if any other items were affect by this.

Thanks for the reply..

you might try checklinks on your inventory as well. It'll either correct it or send the item back to serialized.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back