Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors on Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglurch

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
US
I keep getting multiple error codes whenever i go to control panel or use any windows run function.

<error>

The instruction at 0x01001a40 referenced memory at 0x01001a40 memory could not be written.
</error>

other error codes are 0x75f819ad
and 0x01001a40

Any insight would be appreciated can only find one other reference to soemeone having this problem.

Live by the code, Die by the code!!

You can eliminate a physical memory problem if you have multiple sticks, by taking out each stick and trying each one individually. If only one causes this error, replace bad stick. If both sticks give you the same results, probably not a physical memory problem. I would start there, though.

Do you get this error in Safe Mode, or do you get it with any other user in Normal Mode?

Also search the entire machine for rundll32.exe, see if you have multiple or different versions, corrupt versions etc.

The latest SP2 version is (I believe) -

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

32.5 KB (33,280 bytes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back