Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors in background synchronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Has anybody seen this error before?<br>It happens when I try and synchronise offline folders.<br>When you select synchronise all folders which are configured for offline synch this error appears. It is possible to get round it but you have to open all mails with attachments in them and then retry synch, works every time but it would be nice to have a permanent solution.

I have recently researched the exact problem. Are you running Norton antivirus on the client? If so, the problem is that NAV will not release a mail with an attachment to the local (Client) offline folder until it has been opened and scanned. There is no workaround for this that I have found yet. Make sure your user knows to open all new mail, esp those with attachements before synchronising.

Clue:
In the Synch log, it will tell you which folder(s) is/are having the problem. If you Right-Click / Properties on that folder, and look at the Synch tab, it will tell you how many mails are in the server folder and how many in the offline. This will give you some pointer as to which emails are holding up the process. Also, mails forwarded as attachements (ie mail within mail) are very poorly handled. you need to open all the nested mail before synch can occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back