Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors found in vcx...how to find what is calling these bmps

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernbeaver

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
CA
I have a program that always hits 5 errors when compiling, upon reviewing the log this is what I find:

Visual Class Library h:\vfox\sources\wizbtns.vcx has the following errors:
File WZLOCATE.BMP - Undefined
File WZPRINT.BMP - Undefined
File WZCLOSE.BMP - Undefined
File WZNEW.BMP - Undefined
File WZDELETE.BMP - Undefined

so I know there is something in that vcx that is looking for those bmps but I have been unable to find where. could someone tell me the best way to proceed?

I would add the path to the graphics into your search path under tools - options - file locations...this should let you recompile the vcx successfully...if that doesn't work then you can open the VCX up as a table and do an incremental search for the graphics references...though you will still need to know the path to them so you can adjust what is in there now.

Slighthaze = NULL

Hi,

Make a search in your VFP directory for one of these .BMP files using explorer (within VFP directory and all its sub directories. In one of the directories you will find these BMPs. Include them in your project. The errors will go.

I did notice in my initial days that VFP wizard gave some wrong paths for these. I copied them to my default project directory at that time. However now I dont use any of these and so dont remember exactly.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

ragenpryde

As Ramin suggests copy them in your porject directory. You can find them in (Depending how your VFP was installed):
E:\Visual Foxpro 7.0\Wizards\Wizbmps

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks guys coping the files to the projects main directory worked.

What you can do as well, is to convert you vcx to code classes using the class browser, this enables you to do a simple text search, so you can find out in which classes these bmp's are used.

Most projects use a subdriectory to store all graphics of that project.
If you add that path to you SET PATH setting, VFP will find them automatically and compilation will go on withut those errors you mentioned.

HTH,

Weedz (Edward W.F. Veld)
My private project:Download the CrownBase source code !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back