Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors after install of exact macola progression workflow explorer Win10 Client - Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun N Sand

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2022
US
thread639-1816192

After successfully installing Macola progression PWE to Win10 the following errors persistently pops up after every single-entry operation.

Error #1
Unable to create MBOLogSink object

Macola_WFE_error_001_MBOLogSink_object_da9alv.png

Error #2
Unable to load User Config File: G:\Macsql\USERS\USER0001.CFG

Macola_WFE_error_002_Unable_to_load_User_Config_files_hyfp7z.png

Note That Error #2 Changes to random user number. Screen Shots attached.

Any suggestions on correcting these issues would be greatly appreciated?

7.7.6 is like 13 years old. Do you actually expect it to work in Windows 10?

This is why you pay annual maintenance and should update regularly. So why have you not updated?

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

dgillz, thank you for replying and we are definitely way behind on a modern ERP.
Our Managment is planning to upgrade to a new ERP NetSuite in Q3 2023.
I'm just trying to keep things operational for our Customer Service Department until then.

In 2022 we were able to get 7.7.6. working on a few Win10's.
But it doesn't seem to like these new workstations.

Do you have an idea about the cause of or any suggestions on a fix for the errors I'm experiencing?
Any help would be appreciated...Thx!

dgillz, the workstations are WIN10 Pro.
Any thoughts on what may be causing either one of these errors?

My thoughts are this is incompatible with Windows 10. Have you ever successfully installed Macola on a Windows 10 machine?

Assuming I am correct, there is not going to be a magic solution. IMO you have 2 choices:

Pay your annual maintenance to ECI, install a version of Macola that supports windows 10, and upgrade all workstations to it.

Create a few virtual machines running windows 7 – or whatever version of windows most users are using - and have the windows 10 users log into these VMs in order to run Macola.

I strongly prefer option 1. It will be a tenth of the cost of getting a new ERP system, and there is no guarantee option 2 will work.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

dgillz, thank you for your insight, it is truly much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back