Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors 9097 and 9098

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefstew

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
GB
I was getting error 9097 every five mins in the application log. After some digging around on the net i found a fix and the error has stopped only to be replaced with error 9098.

After digging around for some info on this error it seems it is related to DNS and that setting the alternate DNS server the same as the preferred, the error should stop...this has not worked and i am still getting the error.

Any advice please

After reinstalling exchange, selecting no to all on overwrite option and applying service pack 3 again, the error has gone.

Since I have added a Windows 2003 Standard server in a Windows 2000 domain, on my Windows 2000 Domain Controller/Exchange 2000 Server I receive the following error in the Application log:

The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error 0x80041010.

The added Windows 2003 Standard server is also a domain controller

Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back