Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error1920 Service Networker Remote Exec Service failed to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreadem

Technical User
Dec 14, 2006
IT
Hi.

I have a problem with the install of a legato client (7.1.2) on a Windows 2003 Server R2 in a Cluster.

The problem is during the installation, when the 'Networker Remote Exec Service' is supposed to start.

After some minutes i get this msg: "Error 1920 Service Networker Remote Exec Service failed to start"

i'm logged as Administrator on the machine and i have the rights to start services.

As NW does not provide error messages, it must have been created by Windows.

C:\>net helpmsg 1920

The file can not be accessed by the system.

C:\>

The question is "which file"? is NW looking for. Make sure that you have all rights to all NW files.

Also i am pretty sure that NW 7.1.2 was never tested with 2003R2 although i do not see why this should be a general problem.

I've succesfully installed legato 7.1.2 in a win 2003R2, but this one is not part of a cluster.

The problem was solved by stopping the cluster resource

Now i'have another problem, i was able to do a backup for the client but i can't recover it.

On the Networker server, if i try to restore the data i get this msg: Unknow Error 1396 (0x574)

On the Networker User on the client: No networker servers can be found

The client is now able to connect to the server (solved by winworkr -s servername, but i still have the error "Unknow Error 1396 (0x574) when i try to restore from the server to the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back