Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error writing to an SQL Server text datatype from ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

matevans

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
GB
When tyring to update a text dayatype on a SQL 6.5 server through an ASP page, I get the error message:<br><br>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'<br><br>Query Based Insertion or Updating of BLOB values can not be supported.<br><br>On technet it says to change the cursor type to static, I have tried this but still get the same error message.<br><br>If anyone can help, i would be very gratefull<br><br>Mat Evans

Whats the rest of the Error?<br>Are there 2 more lines?<br><br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' <br><br>Query Based Insertion or Updating of BLOB values can not be supported. <br><br>/resource/course_edit.asp, line 72 <br><br>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' <br><br>Query Based Insertion or Updating of BLOB values can not be supported. <br><br>/resource/course_edit.asp, line 72 <br><br><br>Above is the whole message

Did you list it twice or does it give the error twice?<br>Whats BLOB?<br>Is that a table name in a database or do you know?<br><br>And now what does line 72 look like?<br>I suspect your &quot;INSERT INTO&quot; statement is goofed up.<br>to save us both time paste your code that opens the database too.<br><br>like so:<br>&lt;%<br> Set Conn = server.CreateObject(&quot;ADODB.Connection&quot;)<br> Conn.Open &quot;driver=SQL Server;server=<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Set RS1 = Conn.Execute(&quot;SELECT * From Customers Where [SHRTNAME] = '&quot; & login & &quot;' AND [CUSTOMER] ='&quot; & pass & &quot;'&quot;)<br>%&gt;<br><br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back