Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error with working directrory for published applicateion

Status
Not open for further replies.

37grove

MIS
Jun 29, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the working directory of publish applications when a user is from a trusted domain.

I set the location for the published application as "C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" This works fine when the user is from the same domain as the citrix server (site1.local), but when the user is for the trused domain (corp.com) it fails with error "Access id denied. The working directory is invalid C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files".

The difference i notice when i look at the profiles under documents and setting on the citrix server is that the profiles from site1.local does not include the domain behind the profile but it does for corp.com.

EX: 37grove (site1.local profile)
37grove.corp (corp.com profile)

Thanks for you help,

Gary

37grove,
Have you tried to create a Temp directory on a different drive (d:\temp) and give it "everyone" full access and see if that works?

You usually want to stay away from keeping stuff in the profile if you are using roaming profiles (they tend to get large after a while).

I would then point your working directory on your published application to the "d:\temp" directory and give it a shot.

Hope that helps.

enigma99,

we are not using roaming profiles and one of the applications that we are using copies some rpt file and when everyone is using the same working directory it causes some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back