Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error with Win2k Pro trying to use CDRWIN 3.8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When I load up CDRWIN and go to try and burn a disk, I select the button on the upper left hand side (record disk) and when I select it I get the error message, no CDROM recording device was found on SCSI or IDE bus! What/where is the patch that I can do to solve this problem.? This is my system, AMD 1.0Ghz, ASUS A7V MB, 1.5GB RAM, Sony Burner (crx160e-s1), acer CDROM, GeForce 2 mx, and I am running 2000 professional. Help!

Make sure you have DMA enabled for all drives.

Did you just upgrade to Win 2000? I am not sure and someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong (Because I have it but have not tested it yet), but I dont think it is compatable with Win2000. I had to switch to EZCD creator 4.0 because someone told me CDRWIN 3.8 is not compatable. James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Your burner is only supported in CDRWin 3.8D and later. Is your version 3.8D?

Okay, if I have to use cd creator 4, will 5 work? and how do I burn que and bin files?

I've downloaded and installed 3.8D and 4.0a, and they both give me the same error message, this is also on a fresh install of 2000

This probably goes without saying, but I've learned not to assume anything when trying to troubleshoot from a forum. Did you totally un-install CDRWin and reboot before each installation of a newer version?

I've installed and rebooted each time, and still nothing, is there some way that I can get an update from 3.8a to 3.8d? or is there another way i can burn que and bin files?

I did UNinstall and REbooted each and every time, and still nothing.

Still nothing, I am going to try and do a fresh install and see if that makes a difference. any suggestions as to what I should do after a fresh install?

Try downloading and reinstalling the latest win 2k aspi drivers. Worked for me.

// Henrik

What type of writer do you have? I've got my Plextor 16x writer running Nero, EZ CD Creator, and CDRWIN 3.8d on a W2K box working flawlessly. At first, it didn't work on 3.7c but when upgraded to 3.8d, it works just fine. You might also want to check if the firmware on your writer is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back