Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error with universal PRI cards on ip500

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
i have just switched from a dual pri card on a legacy card carrier to 3 daughter cards with dual universal pri on an ip500 (running v4.1) and am encountering a problem where when i am in the manager and working on 1 line, when i switch to the next and select a specific line number from within the pri i get an error message. the message reads:

"unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately. Attempted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

once i installed the old dual pri card back in, the problem was resolved. has anybody encountered any problems with these universal pri cards?

This is because your config is not good anymore
You need to get the old card out, reboot and then put in th e new cards and then open the config with manager

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Well I think that is what he did already.

I added the dual pri just last night to a customer who had 2 legacy PRI's, so that customer now has 4 PRI's. When I went to config the new PRI's, I got the same message from within the channels configuration. I just clicked continue and was still able to get my config completed. this is on 4.1.1201 and a IP500

It is a error message in manager so it is very likely that it will not give a problem in the ipoffice
Upgrade it to 4.1.15 (manager) and if you have time do the ipoffice too

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

when i would press continue it would give the same error for each line i clicked after that. i didnt notice there was a v.4.1.15 out and immediately upgraded which seemed to have fixed the problem.

thanks a lot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back