Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error with sp3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2002
US
I ran sp3a on a test system fine -- run it on production and am getting an unable to validate user error no matter whether or not I use the sa account or a domain account -- both exist in sql. Any suggestions?

Ok I got past this error by modifying the registry but, when enterprise manager starts it comes up with an error regarding a missing file rebbrui.rll (which seems to have to do with metadata)

What modification did you have to do on the registry to past this? I cannot install SP either.
Thank you.

I ended up on the phone with Microsoft for quite a while needed to use a few of their tools as there were multiple files that were not registered correctly. The source of the issue seemed to be that the server ran terminal server in application mode and we use that to connect to all of our servers though we did not know that one was in application mode as all of the others are not. If you are running terminal server in that mode you either need to use add/remove programs to install it or change user to install.

Here's how we fixed this problem - had the same problem -just got off the phone with Microsoft. Here's how you fix it:

Go to your SQL Server CD, go to the x86\repostry folder...copy the following files to the Program Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry folder on your SQL Server
insrepim.dll
InsRepIM.exe
msmdcxml.dll
repbr.dll
sqlmmcrp.chm

go to the x86\repostry\res\1033 folder on the cd
copy the following files to Program Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\Resources\1033

msmdcxml.rll
msrmirc.rll
repbrmdc.rll
repbrui.rll

next, go to your sql2ksp3 folder on your server (this is where you installed sp3a from) go to the x86\repostry folder
copy the following files to Program Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry on your SQL box

dbscan.dll
repbrui.dll
repodbc.dll

next go to x86\repostry\res\1033 (again from the service pack setup) copy the following files to Program Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\Resources\1033

reprc.rll

Finally, run the following script:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\dbscan.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\insrepim.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\msmdcxml.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\repbr.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\repodbc.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Repostry\repbrui.dll"

Now go into Enterprise Manager - the error should be gone. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back