Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error with exchange agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreks

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have just built a lab exchange 2000 server with AD, I gave installed the exchange agent and assigned all the necessary permissions but I receive the following error when trying to configure the agent:

"Failed to read exchange server name from registry"

Any help in getting around this problem would be gratly appreciated as it is preventing me from carrying out a restore of the information store.

Cheers

Neil

HI,

What version of the ARCserve Excahgne agent are you trying to install? How are you performing the installation?

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Hi,

Arcserve agent version is 2000, and I simply stuck the CD in and ran through the wizard and carried out all the tasks as prompted.

Hope that helps in some way?

Hi,

The version of the Exchange agent that was shipped out with ARCserve 2000 was designed to work ONLY with Exchange 5.5 as Exchange 2000 was not in the market.

However, Exchange 2000 was supported after SP3 of ARCserve 2000

Download this patch.. Extract the .CAZ file you'l get a .EXE. Extract the .EXE using Winzip, it would extract into several folders.

Look for a folder , "exchange.dba", run the setup.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Does this work for clustered Exchange servers on windows 2000 Advance server and 2003 exchange???

Learn to Crawl before you Walk!!

Speshalyst,

Thanks for the help you have given me, I will give that a go and keep you posted on my progress!!

Neil

pmyint,

Yes the SP3 onwards will work on 2000 cluster (that's what we had).

Matt

question: you guys are talking about SP3 for Arcserve 2000 but I think the latest SP is SP4 ?!?

or am I confusing arcserve 2000 with another product of CA ?

URL for SP4: Select a Product --> choose Arcserve 2000
Latest Patches for ARCserve 2000
English
look for: QO19251.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back