Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while posting photo into PageMaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leahloy1973

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
US
I have a jpeg photo that I have opened in PhotoShop and changed the resolution and color source. I then saved it. When I go into PageMaker to place the newly saved photo it comes up with an error that reads..."Cannot place this file...file contains invalid data"

Can someone please help!! I am facing an extreme deadline here with this publication and am totally stressing.

Thank you!!!

Hi, leahloy1973,

Go back to your original image, open it in PhS, save it as a TIFF and place it into PM.

Do not edit JPG's and resave as JPG - the image is very likely to degrade. Plus you probably saved the JPG as a progressive, which (as you found out) PM do not import.

But the message is, avoid JPGs; use TIFF.

For more guidance on how to succussfully import images into PagMaker, click here. (Login as a Guest for read only access)

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

John, thank you so much...when I choose TIFF as the file type to save it as it opens another box with the following questions...

1) Image Compresson (Answers - NONE, LZW, ZIP, JPEG) None is checked, do I leave it that way?

2) Byte Order (Answers - IBM PC, Macintosh) IBM PC is checked.

3) A box with Save Image Pyramid but it is not checked.

Do I leave everything like it is or do I need to change anything?

Thank you.

Hi, leahloy1973,

The default settings should be fine, i.e. none, IBM PC, Pyramid not checked.

I've copied the AdobeForums FAQ to faq227-5345 which is an easier link.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back