Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while browsing CSV file

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoclarion

Programmer
Jul 20, 2011
SA
Hello everybody,

I have this error while browsing CSV file
Error: (Unsupported File Driver Function(80))
Any way to avoid this error.

Thank you all

Ref from Clarion help:
Error 80 - The file driver has detected a file access statement that is not supported. This is frequently an unsupported form (different parameters) of a statement that is supported.

ie. Are you trying to use a Key or other unsupported access statement with a Basic file driver?

Hi!

You cannot BROWSE a CSV file as it does not support certain statements like PREVIOUS(). This has been rectified in the latest version of Clarion 8 but if you are using an older version, you only choice is to read the CSV file into a local Queue or In-Memory (IMDD) file and browse that. IMDD would be a better choice as it can support keys/indexes.

Regards

THank you Shankar for the info. But I dont have IMDD registered, so I tried to register it but I couldnt find C60MEM.DLL. Iam using Clarion 6.3, any idea from where can I get it.

with lots of thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back