Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when using Exmerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteeyez

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2001
EC
Hi

When I try to use the Exmerge application I receive the following error

"Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)"

All the services are started, I am trying to move a users PST onto the Exchange server. Why would I get this error and what would I have to do to resolve the issue.

Please help.

Thanks

Where is the .pst currently located? Your error could also involve the RPC service which may be needed for exmerge to work. But that service also helps spread viruses, so be careful. Exmerge should only be used on the server. Are you trying to exmerge from a individual's computer?

The pst is currently located on another server on the network. Exmerge 2003 is being used o nteh server that has Exchange 2003 installed.

thanks

You will have to transfer the .pst to the Exchange server and then run exmerge. You can probably network it over depending on how big the personal folder is.

I transfered the pst to the computer that hosts the Exchange 2003 server and that didnt work. is this a permissions issue? any other ideas...

i had checked this article already and all the things they have suggested I have checked and implemented.

thanks

Make sure that the user account you are using to log into the Exchange server has the necessary permissions for that Exchange server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back