Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when trying to activate TQuery

Status
Not open for further replies.

skss

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
HK
I'm trying to activate a TQuery in one of my Delphi forms and it is not working. It is connected to a mysql database in my server. The TQuery was working perfectly when I tested it with the mysql data from my own pc. However now that I am trying to connect to the mysql data in the server, I get an error that says:

Database Engine Error
Key Violation.
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.13-nt]The table '#sql_414_0' is full.

BDE Error 9729 & 13059
Server Error 1114

My pc runs on Win 98 while the server runs on Win 2K but both are using the same version of mysql. My query runs ok from the mysql control center. It just wouldnt let me activate it from my Delphi program. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

This is a guess as I don't use mysql and no longer use the BDE.

#sql_414_0 looks like a temporary table. You may be creating it explicitly or the SQL optimizer might be doing it itself. I would guess the problem might be:
- you don't have write rights
- you don't have create (temporary) table rights
- there is no space allocated for temporary tables
- the database is full
So something in similar vein

Good luck
Simon

Hello Simon,
Thanks for replying. I tried giving the user ALL privileges when connecting to the database in the server but it is still not working. How can I rectify the problem if there were no space allocated for temp tables or if the database if full?

You need someone familiar with MySQL now. I'm afraid I bow out.

Thank you anyway.

Is there anyone else who can help? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back