Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when Running ANY Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ephik

Programmer
Jun 16, 2004
CA
My Reports dialog was working perfectly until I received one of those "XP has encountered an error... send... don't send error report" dialogs. Since that, whenever I select any report to run, I get the error:

"There was an error while trying to print report. Failed to access information from the report file."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. There isn't any help on the Nortel website so I was hoping someone in this forum has encountered this before.

Any ideas/assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

k2ephik,

I found an old thread in the forum related to your problem. Hope this helps :)

thread959-760116

For our Symposium Express 4.2, when we have report dorkage, we end up clearing all the scheduled reports out of the scheduler (log in to Symposium with the sysadmin account to do this). We then have to requeue all the desired reports and/or run reports that were missed because of the dorkage. If there are a lot of reports queued tied to that PCs report defs, the removal out of scheduler can take several minutes.

Thanks for your responses, they were helpful in narrowing down my solution. I found my problem... I had a user created report which was saved to a local directory. Our IT department has Active Directory running and our NT user profiles move around with us. Because of this, I'm thinking the file location for the user created report is not static and caused this error. Once I removed the report, moved it to a static network drive, and re-imported it, all of my reports are functioning again.

Kinda funny that this single error message can have so many different resolutions. Add this one to the list.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back