Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when "Saving As"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Hi, I get a strange error message at one of my client sites when saving a Crystal Report using the 'Save As' option.

The pop-up error message says:

Code:
<filename>
Cannot find this file
Please verify that the correct path and file name are given

Clicking on OK takes me back to the report without saving it. I've used Crystal for many years on many diffent customer sites and have never come across this problem.

This is an intermittent problem!

Do you have any idea what may be causing this to happen? Steve Phillips, Crystal Consultant

did you ever get an answer? I am trying to open a report, and i am getting this same problem.

This sounds like a permissions problem. Is this with any report, or just certain reports. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Malk, No, I've never found a solution and Ken, I suspect it's not permissions as if I try re-saving again and again it will usually work properly after about 5 to 20 attempts!

Also, if I save as a new name and then rename it to the original it works every time!

Of all the customers I've worked with over the last 6 years or so, this only happens at one.

I do not expect many people have ever come across this bizzare problem at all. I just put it down to one of those site-specific problems that has a work-around (of saving under a different name then renaming to the original) even though the work-around is less than ideal. Steve Phillips, Crystal Consultant

Steve,

This was a known issue with Crystal 8 reports that have been re-saved many times (autosave option probably turned on).

There was a hot fix for this and I don't believe later versions suffer from the same problem.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back