Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when passing a "?" through the querystring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgw

Programmer
Aug 30, 2005
CA
I'm using Crystal Enterprise 8.5 with reports written in Crystal Reports 8.5. Working off of NT 4.0 servers with the latest service package, I am having difficulty passing any reference to a paramater field to viewrpt.cwr.
For example I could pass:
viewrpt.cwr?id=xx&apstoken=---------&sf={STANDARD.STANDARD} = 'ACK'
as the tail end of my link, and this will work fine
Changing it to being url encoded (replacing all the {} and = symbols) has no effect, the operation still completes successfully. However, if were to place a parameter field into my selection formula like this:
viewrpt.cwr?id=xx............&sf={STANDARD.STANDARD} = {?Parameter}
I get an unexpected error message which looks like this:
File C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Web Content\enterprise\eportfolio\en\viewprt.cwr not found [On Page Server: xxxx.PageServer]
Even when switching the sf= string to url encoding I get the same result. The only difference I can perceive between the two links is that the one which fails uses a '?' symbol. Is there any other method other than url encoding which will escape character the question mark in such a way that CR will accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back