Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when opening Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

appsguy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2001
US
I have a PC in my network that is getting an error when opening Outlook 97. The error reads "Upload of offline changes could not be completed. The client operation failed."
I am using Exchange 5.5 Service Pack 4.0
I have checked TechNet, and the only article that matches the error message EXACTLY was written for Exchange 4.0 with a suggestion to install Service Pack 4.
Other articles are written for errors that mention permission problems, and suggest replacing dll's.
Has anyone dealt with the exact message when Outlook 97 was installed on a 5.5 Server?

This may be related to the client's off-line storage file (.ost). If the mailbox was moved to new site or recreated, the old .ost is not valid with the new mailbox. Open off-line, move to .pst, connect to server with .ost disabled.

If the .ost is corrupt, search harddrive for scanpst.exe, run it, browse to .ost, and repair the .ost file.

its a tools options setting in Outlook but I can't recall the exact trouble. Will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back