Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when opening DMG on a OWS client PC-DMGrdMap file error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppUser

Technical User
Jul 23, 2013
AU
Hi,

I have a DNA 5.6 SP1 installation at a customers site and in one OWS client machine i get the following error when trying to open DMG
"There is not enough hard drive space to create the DMGrdMap file with the appropriate size.Please free up more space on your hard drive and re log on to Directory Manager"
There is more than 100GB free space in the client machine so it cannot be the hard disk space.
Also this error does not appear when you try to open DMG for the very first time after switching on the client machine.This only comes if you close DMG and then try to open it again.The error wont go away until we restarts the client PC

Hi

Close DMG

Rename the DMGGrdMap file

Reopen DMG

If all ok, delete the renamed file

best parnum

Hi,

Thanks ...i will try that out soon..im also interested in knowing the function of the DMGGrdMap file? What does it do?
Hopefully this will help me to trouble shoot problems

The problem got resolved.There was a permission issue in the client PC and it was not allowing the DMGGrdMap file to delete.We replaced the PC and now its working fine
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back