Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when launching a published desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedude

Technical User
Apr 11, 2007
FR
Hi there,

I have an issue. Two servers running Presentation Server 4. Their desktop is published.
When i launch via nFuse the first, it works, the second doesn't and display the following error on the nFuse portal : "ERROR: The MetaFrame servers reported an unspecified error."

No information in the event viewer on the machine and i can login via normal rdp but not with this nFuse icon (i repeat it works with the other server)

I don't know where to look :(

zedude,
Here is how to troubleshoot:
1. Launch your Web Interface/nfuse site and log in.
2. Right-click on the "Desktop" published application and go to "Save As" and save the launch.ica file to your preferred location.
3. Go to the launch.ica file and right-click and "OPEN WITH" and choose Notepad for the app.
4. In the launch file it will tell you what server it was trying to connect to when the error occured.
5. Go to that server and make sure the logins aren't disabled or that it is working properly.

Let us know what you find.
Hope that helps.

The point is that when i try to save the target file, it asked me to save an htm file (see below). If i try to "save target as" on a working icon, i agree with you, it asked to save a ica file

Here my "problematic" htm file :

<script language='JavaScript'>
<!--
top.nfusemain.location.href = 'applist.aspx?NFuse_LogoutId=On&NFuse_MessageType=Error&NFuse_Message=Thex0020MetaFramex0020serversx0020reportedx0020anx0020unspecifiedx0020errorx002e&NFuse_currentFolder=x005cPublishedx0020Desktopsx005cMTOx005cProd';
//-->
</script>

doesn't help very much :(

as the present site doesn't propose lift
in the frames, if you want to read all i
write, you should copy/paste to a notepad :(

zedude,
Make sure you are right-clicking on the Desktop Icon not the actual web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back