Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error When I Attempt to Open Pre-existing PB work space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijklm

Programmer
Jul 13, 2005
US
I am working on a PB application that was previously developed. Unfortunately, the development PC with the original PB development environment and the application on it no longer exists. I do have a copy of the latest PB source code that contains all the .pbl, .pbt, .pbw files, etc. I have successfully installed PB 8 on my Win XP PC. However, when I attempt to open the .pbw workspace file that already exists with the source code, I get the following error displayed by Windows:

"Sybase Inc. Product File has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I click on the link for more details the following information is displayed: "Error signature: AppName: pb80.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.6028 ModName: pbvm80.dll ModVer: 8.0.0.62028 Offset: 000d462b".

I had previously created a workspace and pulled an older version of the source code into PB so I renamed the directory and .pbw file for the newer source code. Does anybody know why I am not able to open the pre-existing workspace in the newer version of source code? Do I have to create all the targets all over again in the newly installed PB 8 even though the .pbt files already exist in the source code?

Did you migrate the code after you loaded PB on the new machine?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

I found out that I had to create a workspace and add each target file into it. It seems like you should be select all the target files you want and add them all at the same time.
Anyway, I got all 52 targets added so I think I'm ok with this now.

Do you happen to know whay PB 8 produces the following error so often: "Sybase Inc. Product File has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have noticed this happens when there are certain problems with DataWindows and who knows what other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back