Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error W3828

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
ES
Hi list,

every day I get this error 'Unable to find this media or blank media'.
I'm turning crazy, because it seems all is fine. the media pool, the cartridges, etc...

release: 9.0 build 2200

any help would be appreciated

Do the jobs run?

If the message comes up and jobs run forget about it, it is looking for a tape which is unavailable and so it used a different tape.

If the jobs fail then do a Quick Erase Plus on a tape and leave it for the job to use.

Yes, the job runs
but there are two cartridges per media pool, when the first is full the second one doesn't begin to backup files, and then appears the message.
I have formatted and erased a lot of times, then it works, but when the job is rescheduled next time it fails again.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

2 tapes per pool??? If you only have 2 tapes per pool why bother using pools at all.

With media pools the seq. #2 tape is not tracked seperately it is considered same as the seq. #1 tape. So if the seq.#1 tape is in the scratch set so is the seq.#2.

So it is important that both tapes are always kept together in the same group.

You might want to consider not using media pools and go to either a custom or simple rotation job.

How?????

each tape is 200Gb.
why can I make it? if I have more than 200gb.
selecting, e.g, 150 gb in one tape, and then selecting the rest to another tape.
How can I do one job after another?
I'm a bit confused.....

No need, the job will automatically span and go to the seq. #2 or a blank tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back