Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error updating jobs in SQLServer2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

fousek

MIS
Nov 29, 2000
US
I just finished upgrading from 7.0 to 2000. (Actually I created a new SQLServer on a new box, installed 2000, a copied my databases and jobs to the new box.)

Almost everything is fine, however, I can't update any of the jobs that I have defined on the new server! I get this error:

Error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job that originated from an MSX server.

Does anyone have any ideas about this error and how to rid myself of it?

Thanks in advance!

APF

This error occurs because the originating_server doesn't match the local server name.

Run the following in Query Analyzer to determine if this is the problem.

Find all jobs where originating server not equal local server:

USE msdb
DECLARE @srv sysname
SET @srv = CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName') AS sysname)
SELECT * FROM sysjobs
WHERE originating_server <> @srv

Us the next query to correct the problem:

USE msdb
DECLARE @srv sysname
SET @srv = CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName') AS sysname)
UPDATE sysjobs SET originating_server = @srv
WHERE originating_server <> old_servername

Leave off the WHERE clause to change all the entries regardless of current originating_server name in the table. Terry L. Broadbent
faq183-874 contains some tips and ideas for posting questions in these forums. Please review it if you have time.

TLB -

A belated thank you for the good information. I tried your solution today and it worked like a charm!

APF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back