Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error updating certifier ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurg

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
CH
I get the following message when I open the certifier ID to certify a user ID:
Error Updating Certifier ID: The following error occurred while trying to update the certificates stored in the Cerifier ID with those form the directory on the server you selected:
Entry not found in index
Do you wish to continue without updating the Certifier ID?
If I press yes, I can certify the user ID without problems. However on the server console, we regularly get the message: „Error locating a Domino Directory Entry for certifier /O=OurCompanyName/C=CH: Entry not found in index“
How can I correct this problem?

All help will be much appreciated.
Juerg

In the Domino directory on your server go to the Server\Certificates view. (May appear as configuration\Certificates on R6).

Now Expand the Notes certificates category

Do you see a document matching your certifier e.g. /ACME.

If the document exists -
- Open this document in Edit mode
- Check the Public Key matches the Key in the Cert.id file
(you need to use the tools from the configuration tab
on the admin client to view cert ID properties).
- If there is no match then copy the public key from the
ID and paste into the document in the directory.

If the document does not exist -
- You need to Add a certifier
- Then paste in the public key from the certifier
(see procedure above).

Thank you for the suggestion. I have added a new Notes Certifier document in the configuration/certificate view and copied the public key from the cert.id file.
However the error message is still there.
In addition (as before) when I certify a save copy with the Admin client (configuration tab – tools – certify) after opening the certifier ID, I also get the warning „The following error occoured while trying to update the certificates stored in the Certifier ID with those from the directory on the server you selected:
Entry not found in index
Do you wish to continue without updating the Certifier ID?“

Thank you in advance for any help
Juerg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back