Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: underlying connection closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimst

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
NL
The following error occured when i try to deploy a report project to the report server (sharepoint integrated reporting services).

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send

In the properties of the report project the right information has been given (checked the servername, folders and so forth); but when i trie to deploy then the above error is given.

I am not a very tecnical user but i need to deploy my reports to the sharepoint server because i need to use these reports in the dashboard of the sharepoint server.

Thanks in advance for the answers...

-Dims

"Wearing sunglasses won't help taking my brightness away"

i found the solution.

I had to configure the config file (reportingservices.config) and make the SecureConnectionLevel value set to 0. Default this value is set to 2 (for use with SSL)

I have though another problem:
Deploying the report seems to work, the following steps are taken:
1. deploy the datasource to the ssrs site: seem to work
2. deploy the report(s) to the ssrs site: seem to work
3. following up is an error that inform me that the file of the datasource is not found?

I looked in the sites/ssrs/data connections/ folder and the datasource (the right one) is available.

I don't understand where this problem could come from. If anyone could help me with this i would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance...

-Dims

Hi,

Not sure if this will help or not, but have you tried moving the <ReportName>.rdl.data file there as well? I have no idea if that would help, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Good luck,
Brett

--------------------------
Web/.net Programmer & DBA
Central PA

I have managed the problem.
For some reason the datasource was not shared and linked to the report. I have manually set the datasource to the report and now the report is working within the sharepoint dashboard.

-Dims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back