Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error trying to use Visio Drawing Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2006
CA
I am trying to use the Visio Drawing Control in a vb.net windows application but keep getting an error everytime I try to drag the control onto my form. I am using VS2003 and I have Visio 2003 installed on my machine. I have added the control 'Microsoft Visio 11.0 Drawing Control' to my toolbox. Whenever I try to drag this control onto my form I get the following two errors:
'An unspecified error occured' and then
'Unspecified error'

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall Visio 2003, the Office 2003 PIA's and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Your project has a reference to the controls? And the Dll's are in bin directory, so it can find them?

-Sometimes the answer to your question is the hack that works

Yes the proper refernces are created and the Dll's can be found.
Thanks
Matt

And all you get is a random Unspecified error?

-Sometimes the answer to your question is the hack that works

I think I may have figured out why this is happening. When I installed Visio 2003 (months ago) I never bothered to register it. For a while I was able to use this drawing control on other applications with no issues. After a certain amount of time or amount of times used visio will disable some of its functionality until it is registered. Because I was not actually using visio I did not notice this. The drawing control must have been encompassed within the functionality that was retricted. Once I registered visio I was able to use this control once again. Thank you to all the people who tried to help.
Thanks
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back