Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error trying to Update from Progression 7.7.100 to 7.7.200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustill

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2003
US
Macola Progression 7.7.100 running on a mssql 2000 server with ICR version 11[no Flex] [no custom]

Can anyone offer suggestions?

I am trying to run an update and get errors when attempting to login through Progression SQL Explorer to complete the update from Progression 7.7.100 to 7.7.200

Got an error popup window:

The following error has occured in MacMSS.dll
Could not complete cursor operation because the set options have changed since the cursor was declared

DETAILS of popup:

An error occured in MacMSS.dll (ver. 77.200.0.1)
DB Provider Error: Native Error number: 16958
Error number: 0x80040E14
Could not complete cursor operation because the set options have changed since the cursor was declared.
COM Error: Error
Code = 0x80040E14
Code meaning = IDispatch error #3092
Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Description = Could not complete cursor operation because the set options have changed since the cursor was declared.
Op : 00, fhOpenInput
Table or Script: CONDESQL.SCREENS..SYSPASS_SQL 00

MSL Error Info:
Type: MSL Initialization Error.
Function: CMacSqlConnMan::InitDatabaseInfo.
Server: CONDESQL
DB: SCREENS
LockDB: MSLLOCKDB
UserID: SUPERVISOR_SQL

AND THEN ANOTHER ERROR:
SQL Error - Open Failed -SYPASS. -File System Specific Err

FYI I solved the issue and upgraded to 7.7.200, still buggy though.

Macola seems to have written the install incorrectly, maybe they will get it corrected soon.

How did you resolve this issue? I might be installing this update in my test environment.

When macola cheerfully said they would not help me because I did not have direct support, I re-wrote the sp_MacMSSLockEraser stored procedure that the 7.7.200 install overwrote, which then let me login.

Another issue is that it does Not force the clients to do an upgrade, so I manually upgraded them, a real PITA.

I would suggest until macola tests/fixes the update you only use in a test environment. There could be other issues I have not noticed yet.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'm better off staying away from this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back