Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error trying to look at Public Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrafts

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
I'm loged in as Administrator. When I go to look at the properties for any of our Public Folders I get the following error.

"The requested operation is forbidden
ID no: c1030af1
Exchange System Manager"

If anyone knows what is causing this please let me know.

Thanks

Doug

Sorry, I don't ahve the anser - I'm getting something similar: c103b403 and c1030af3

Have you come across these? If so, how did you fix them?
There's nothing on microsoft website or technet. What's the point in having an error message with no solution? Good old micorsoft.

I too am having this issue after an Exchange 5.5 to 2K migration. I've checked out the MS article (Q313721) and verified that all their security recommendations were already setup that way.

Still haven't found a solution.
Please help.

if you have URLScan installed on the exchange, this type of error will display, just look at the urlscan log and see which extension was blocked, there is an article on the mskb about this problem, sorry cannot recall the article number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back