Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error status 57 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukadmin

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
GB
Hi
I am getting this error message because bpcd process is not running on netbackup client. Can someone tell me how to start it without rebooting server?

Regards

Ajwat

Not much to go on from your post.
Basics
check /etc/inetd.conf and /etc services for bpcd
from the NetBackup server try to telnet <clientIP> 13882

read:
In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 57 in NetBackup Server (tm) / NetBackup Enterprise Server (tm) 5.0 / 5.1

here is the link

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Thanks for your reply.

I have already check it that bpcd is not running and I can see the entry in inetd.conf file that is commented out. But I don't want to reboot server but just want to start it from command prompt. Which command can i use?

Regards
Ajwat

uncomment bpcd and restart inetd

'kill -HUP' the inetd process
inetd -c
or whatever...

check the man pages for inetd.conf and inetd for your specific OS

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Bob, excellent link you got up there to the .pdf...

I'm working an issue right now where BPCD isn't listening and I'm trying to get the Solaris admin to realize that that is what our issue is..

To check is bpcd is listening on Solaris do a "netstat" :

# netstat -a | grep bpcd
*.bpcd *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN

Bob Stump

We hupped the inetd process and all is good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back