Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error SRPT189 Not enough band width for call b/w 0x 20xxx & 0x 9cxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabirawan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2009
KE
Hi , I have 61C system , i am facing a problem ,that during the day my IP phones are not accessible from TDM phones and an error accured on console "ERROR SRPT189 Not enough band width for call between 0 x 20xxx and 0 x 9Cxxx .Resulting traffic from IP to TDM and from TDM to IP goes off .Any body has solution please help me. thanks

SRPT0189 Not enough BW for call between <origTN> and <termTN>
Action: Check how much bandwidth is actually used.
Severity: Info. Critical to Monitor: No. SNMP trap: Yes

Well ... are you maxing out your available bandwidth? That is the first thing to look at. If so, you need to decrease data traffic on your VoIP/Data pipe. You can change the codec to increase compression, but that won't yield very much free bandwidth unless you have lots of voice traffic!

Actually if you have no compression in use now - zone bq. compression will save a lot.

Also, check bandwith useage. could be network path really does not have enough bandwith - in this case increase bandwidth or start compressing calls
or
bandwith usuage thinks it is almost max'd - stat interzone and intrazone to check peak % - if allmost max'd - get your patches up to date and add 44 to DROL for midnight routine.

are the IP phones in the same building as the TDM phones? If you are connecting via some type of WAN connection, what is the speed?

I am not much master to check how to check b/w and how to do compression , pl guide me how could i do these steps,
thanks for reply

MY IP and TDM phones are in the same building

Maximum IP Phones are in the same building , onle some of them are in remote areas

I would start by looking at the number of DSP resources that you have. 1 DSP required for each IP to TDM call being made. If you have more IP phones than DSP resource and they are all trying to make a call at the same time you could run into this.

Dont forget when calculating TDM resource each device needs to be considered, Digital phones, Analogue phones, ecah channel on your ISDN etc.

Thank u boss i am waiting for its solution.

sabirawan - start by downloading documentation from You probably need "IP Phones Fundamentals", "IP Line Fundamentals", and "Converging the Data Network with VoIP Fundamentals".

I am still receiving this error even some ports in MC-32 card are idle ,the error is "SRPT189" Not enough b/w .How could i check my B/W or can compress the same

Try increasing your bandwidth threshhold on your bandwidth zone in LD 117 and see if that stops your error message. The bandwidth listed in your zone should match the available bandwidth on your data network. If you have a gigabyte network then your zone bandwidth should be 1000000.

Use "=>prt interzone" in LD 117 or "=>prt intrazone" to see your maximum bandwidth programmed in the zones available.

Use "=>chg interzone" or "=>chg intrazone" command to change the values. Follow the syntax suggested.

Remember fear is the mind killer

Boss there is no command in LD 117 as prt interzone or intrazone , only i can prt zone , whose parameters are as follows
ld 117
stat zone
# State Flags Des
0 ENL
1 ENL
2 ENL

Number of zones configured = 3 ( 0 disabled)
Number of branch media g/w zones configured=0 ( 0 disabled)

Please suggest how could i see and change the values for interzone and intrazone ,

Do you have a Signaling Server? If you do you can look at the Zone configuration there and make changes much easier. If not, go back to ld 117 and do a "=>prt ?" to see what commands are available to you. You should be able to see a list of all the zone commands. You can also look at "=>chg ?" to see all the chg commands for "zone".

Thanks to all of you supporting , the issue is resolved by increasing the bandwidth.
Thanks a lot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back