Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error setting up ODBC datasource for Btrieve 6.15 files on Win2000/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

josieBH

Programmer
May 12, 2004
US
I'm getting the following error when trying to set up an ODBC data source for Btrieve 6.15 files on Win 2000 & Win XP machines:

"Login must succeed before data source entry can be written (Status code 802)"

I'm using Pervasive ODBC Interface 2.01. Is there possibly another interface that will work with Btrieve 6.15 on a Win 2000 or Win XP machine?

An error 802 means that that the ODBC could not connect to the Scalable SQL engine. With Btrieve 6.15, the SQL engine is part of the ODBC driver so you're most likely running into a "Target Engine" issue. You need to make sure that any Scalable SQL "Target Engine" settings are set to 0 (zero) in the registry. If you're using the Btrieve Workstatio engine, all of you Target Engine settings should be set to 0.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks for your assistance. I made the change to the Target Engine key in the registry. Now I'm getting the same text message: Login must succeed before data source entry can be written. HOWEVER, now the status code is 20.

Any ideas?

The status 20 means that the Btrieve Engine is not available. Do you have a Workstation engine or Client installed on the machine with the ODBC driver? If so, set the Btrieve Target Engine to 0. If you've got the Btrieve Server Engine installed on the machine where the ODBC driver is installed, you should set the Target Engine to 1.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thank you very much! That did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back