Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error sending mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmons

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
Any ideas on what to try next? I'm using linux, qmail, squirrelmail, courier IMAP. Trying to send mail for the first time outside the LAN. It works inside the LAN. Have opened smtp, http, imap ports on the firewall. I'm getting the following error messages:

Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
Server replied: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of
allowed

rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at
/ in / on line 229

Thanks for any help.

evidently I need to specify a primary DNS server and try again

emmons is back! and emmons is asking for help again. I've made a new server with Gentoo OS.

Mail can flow with the library but we cannot send messages to outside the library from the Netscape Client. We can from webmail(squirrelmail).

Error message is: An error occured while sending mail: The mail server responded: Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpt hosts (#5.7.1) Please check the message.

Where do I start?

Thank you for your assistance.

Did you take a look in
/var/qmail/control/rctphosts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back