Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by clent

Status
Not open for further replies.

destini

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
I am trying to connect from my Win2000 pc from home to our network and I keep getting the error "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by clent". The VPN never gets to the login and appears to be looking for secure gateway when it bombs out. I have a Win2000 laptop with the same Client on it and it connects with no problem. Cisco suggested that I may have a corrupt TCP/IP stack and I needed to format the pc which I did and still I get the same error. Sure could use some help or any ideas to resolve this problem.

Thanks!!

I am not sure, are you running XP firewall? make sure you are not running that. What is the device you use the connect to the internet? Maybe that is not complient with IPSEC, I am just guessing at your problem. To open a port, you need access to the device. sometimes you can access it by typing the IP address of the router in your web browswere like and then use the username and password.

I recall the KEYLength for one of the setting has to be above 1000. Maybe you did not set it high enough? Was it for MD5? I hope I am not confusing you.

I doubt if my Xp firewall is running. I do have a NORTON firewall though - but enabled or diabled, still no luck.

I don't know too much about router. However, I will log in and take a look at it.

Question: Why do I need to modify the router settings when both me and my room-mate are using the same router and he can access the VPN without problem?

Thank you.

RiderJon
"I might have created ctrl+alt+del,
But Bill made it famous" - Dr. Dave

atts are not acceptable, what's atts?
----------------------------------------
VPN Peer:ISAKMP: Peer Info for 61.165.0.75/500 not found - peers:1

ISADB: reaper checking SA 0x310f34c, conn_id = 0
spt:500 dpt:500
ISAKMP: error, msg not encrypted
crypto_isakmp_process_block:src:61.165.0.75, dest:61.155.20.123 spt:500 dpt:500
ISAKMP: error, msg not encrypted

"msg not encrypted", why?

"VPN Peer:ISAKMP: Peer Info for 61.165.0.75/500 not found - peers:1"

My isakmp setting is wrong?

Did anyone try to use cisco vpn3000/5000 to connect pix vpn server? Maybe it can solve this problem?

Hi destiny

I am a Tier 3 VPN Admin for a mjor American Network.

So you are using Win2K ?

Right Click you My Computer Icon.
Left Click Properties.
If you see SERVICE PACK 4 or SP 4

... uninstall it.

SP 4 causes enough issues that it is a know issue and there is a patch available from Microsoft and can be found at the following link:

The link for the hotfix is
I hope that will be your resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back