Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error saving .dwg file on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanwan

ISP
Dec 2, 2002
US
I receive this error when I open a .dwg file in Autocad and try to save as a new file on my network. I can save on my local c:\ drive. Here is the AutoCAD LT message error:

"This file name is a reserved device name. Please choose another name."

Has anyone had this issue come up before?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

this is exactly what we are getting... what is the fix???

I use Autocad Lt as well. Save the file to youe C drive move it to your network and the next timwe you open it open it the network file.
This is how I do it.

I had this problem when I installed Novel Client 4.83 SP2. When I went back to SP1, the problem went away. (Although, it could have also been some of the tweaks I had made to the SP2 client).

I'm having the same problem Ryan described. Does anyone know the solution? We are using Netware.

Hendri

I found the solution!

From our IT-department I learned that they installed 4.83 SP2 service pack from Novell Netware, just as jksousa described. The problem seemed to occur from that moment on.
We installed the new 4.90 client and the problem disappeared!

Hendri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back