Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error running report with Dynamic Parameter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocky

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
NL
Good day,

I have a problem concerning Crystal Reports XI R2.
When I run a report that contains a dynamic parameter I get
the following error (its in Dutch):

"Zoeklijstfout: kan waarden niet verkrijgen. [Oorzaak van fout:createRowsets ReportSDKException(-2147482925):Het ophalen van gegevens uit de database is mislukt. Details: [Leverancierscode database: 942 ] Het ophalen van gegevens uit de database is mislukt. Details: [Leverancierscode database: 942 ] Het ophalen van gegevens uit de database is mislukt. Fout in bestand C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{42E15462-0480-4F5F-9921-523867C4B358}.rpt: Ophalen van gegevens uit de database is mislukt. Details: [Leverancierscode database: 942 ]]"

Crystal Reports Server is unable to retrieve a list of values from a table in my Oracle 10G database.
I am sure it connects with the correct credentials.
Using the Oracle Server native drivers.Other reports that do not contain dynamic parameters work fine.
What can be the cause of my problems ? Checked the Business Vies Manager and gave explicit rights to the Business vies objects, but nothings seems to help.
The database runs on the same system as Crystel Reports Server, but Crystal Reports Server is running under local system account. Can this be a possible cause ?
Please advise.

Greetings,

Pascal.

Hi,
It does appear to be a permissions issue since that error:
Code:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

usually indicates that -In general, the Crystal services,when using CR Server should run under a Domain account with sufficient rights to access all the needed components..In this case, however, it appears that the Dynamic parameter's connection is the one with insufficient rights - recheck it.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

But how do I give a parameter connection sufficient rights ?
Where can I check it ?

In your Business View/Universe connections check the one you are using for the parameter values - I am not sure exactly where to look since I never used BVs or Universes ( don't like being tied to a propietary product - makes changing hard if future needs arise that CR/BOE cannot meet)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Solved it !
Had to change several paramters in the Business View manager concerning connection parameters and FQDN table names. Strange, that when I add a new report I have to fill in all of the credentials (like username and password) but these are not copied to the business view objects. I had to fill them in there also.

Hi,

What is the Business View Manager and where will I find it. I've got CR and BOE XI

Thanks

It's a application that you can start from the Business Objects program directory in your Windows start menu.

Could you please list out in detail the parameters changed within Business View Manager to resolve this issue?

Please have a look around in the tool.
You need to change parameters in the objects named "%_DC" and "%_DF".
The "%_DC" (DataConnection) contains the connection parameters, like database name, username and password.
The "%_DF" (DataFiles?) contains the tables that are accesed. Here you need to check if the FQDN parameters which contains the table name is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back