Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error running EX2K Installation or /forestprep

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopTech

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
I am trying to install the EX2K portion of SBS on a new server and keep getting the following error:

Setup failed while installing sub-component Microsoft Windows Active Directory schema update with error code 0xC1037AE6 (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.

The TechNet article Q256184 mentions that the MaxReceiveBuffer needs to be at 10485760. IT IS!

No other help.

The last entry in the LDIF.ERR file is:

111: Entry already exists, entry skipped There is a syntax error in the input file Failed on token starting with 'm' on line 138
An error has occurred in the program

I’ve run W2K SP2, Tried a few different naming schemes and also tried skipping the /forestprep and /domainprep steps.

All to no avail.

Any Ideas????

Thanks for your help.

Do only setup /forestprep for now on until you fix it.

There is no "skipping" this. If it hasn't been done then setup will attempt it.

Is this the first attempt for Exchange 2000 in this forest?

In AD Sites and Services under Services do you have Microsoft Exchange? Is ADC installed? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks Xybertron.

It's been a long weekend!

To answer your questions, this is the first EX2K Server in this new forest. This box is the DC for the new forest.

MS Exchange is not listed under Services. It doesn't get that far.

ADC is not installed. No need since this is the only server.

I am planning on migrating users from another 5.5 server in another forest but I thought I would do it manually later. Just need to get this running.

Thanks for your help Dan.

Clear out the Exchange Server Setup Progress Log.

Then run setup /forestprep

Then post the last 10-20 lines of the progress log. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Resolution!

Troubleshooting down to the hardware.

Bad CD-ROM (brand new )wasn't reading all of CD.
Tip was error would cause stop at different location each time. (ie page 2 of 8 and the page 4 of....)

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back