Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error RMAKE/R2001 Exit 2: 'BLINKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

esossai

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2004
Hi

I have this system working fine at my work using XP under domain and also at home also using XP/SP2 without any domain.

I work as a valunteer to a church to where i am building this program and i don't know why when i moved the system programs and clipper to the church server WK2 i try to compile the clipper works fine but when it comes to BLINKER i got the following error:

RMAKE 1.5 Copyright (c) 1989-1995 Computer Associates International, Inc.
BLINKER @WWSIST
The system cannot find the file USER
Error RMAKE/R2001 Exit 2: 'BLINKER @WWSIST'
COMPILATION ERROR - PLEASE CHECK MESSAGES ABOVE
O:\WWSIST~1\WWSist>

If i just copy it all to my home and/or work machine without changing anything it works fine like i said before. I try everything and i can't find why i am getting this error.

By the way i have no clue what is it trying to find a file "USER" when i have no file with that name.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
esossai

Are you linking a file named user? I guess not. There may be a file USER where windows stores userid and password lists. Your job may not have the administrator rights or enough rights on the church server to succesfully link.

Good luck!

In fact i do because i am the administrator of that server.
I read n other thread that this problem might be because of the settings differences on the dos-shell between Win2000 x XP but i compre both and they are the same.

There no file user on my application whatsoever and even if i try to blink only one file alone without anything i would get the same error.

Thanks
esossai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back