Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Reading file - Error no 1104

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirupakaran

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hi :
I am working in visual Foxpro 6.0 .I am creating a temp dbf in c:\temp\sample.dbf. When I run as a exe it says error reading file -Error no 1104 .I checked the dbf still exists in the path .Can any one pls help me !!!.

Thanks
Kirupa

Hi Kirupa,
The table is included in your project. Mark this table as excluded and recompile the executable. The error will go.
Hope this slves your problem.
:) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Error Code 1004 = File read error. An error was returned by the operating system while FoxPro was attempting to read a file.

W.A.G. = Sounds like you have a database setting on a bad sector of a hard drive. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com

Couple of possibilities. First, are you certain you know where your exe is running? You might want to have it print out it's CD. Generally the exe runs in a different spot than when the program is in development mode. Second, are you certain you haven't included your table in the exe? Generally they're excluded by default, but sometimes they get accidentally included. Third, when is your old .dbf file deleted? Could it somehow be sticking around and causing troubles?

Finally, could you give us the code which is giving the problem?

Dave Dardinger

The Table is not included in the project. Its being created at run time and is accessed. The problem is we are able to read the table in some machines but in other machines it gives an 1104 error.Can someone help me on this please.

Hi,
is it likely, that you have applied SP4 or SP5 in your exe/app and distributed that to users who are not supplied with the runtime DLLs after the SP application? You can copy the VFP DLLs in the windows\system directories in those units which give trouble and see the result.
Hope this sorts out your problem :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Could you be using Windows 2000 Terminal Server? There is a KB article about getting this error using TS under some conditions.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I upgraded the OS to win2k and now I have a similar issue with a VERY stable app. The app is VERY disk intensive. I process a txt file into a dbf. 200,000 records is typical with a 1k record length. The file then gets split up into parts and written back out. On NT4.0 with FPW2.6 my record was 17 days NON-STOP running. Now it's 5-10 minutes.

I tried running the original app which is fpw2.6 and got error reading file. Rebuilt the app using vfp6.0 and I am still getting the same thing. It's very inconsistent, different tables, different commands.

I am reading the dbfs off a novell 3.12 server. The workstations are running win2k, I had no problems when the workstations were nt 4.0. One workstation had terminal services installed although I wasn't using it and the other workstation had no terminal services installed.

workstations 1.7ghz, one 256mb, one 512mb
server novell 3.12 768mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back