Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: "The document has no pages." With cfdocument Tag 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signit

MIS
Oct 17, 2003
US
I am attempting to utilize the new cfdocument tag, but everytime I do I receive the error: "The document has no pages." I've widdled my code down to the most basic possible (only 3 lines) and am still receieving the error. I am running CFMX7. Any thoughts?

Code:
Code:
<cfdocument format="pdf"> 
  Hello World!
</cfdocument>

Hi Signit,

I've been having a whole host of issues with cfdocument over the last week, one of which was the no pages error.

In theory you code should print fine as it is. one thing i would suggest is to put some code inside the cfdocument, rath than just words, use a little HTMl formatting i.e.

Code:
<cfdocument format="pdf"> 
  <h1>Hello World!</h1>
  <p>Hello everyone!!!</p>
</cfdocument>

Have a look at my thread, it has some other code you may want to try, it uses cfhttp to snapshot any webpage you wish and will then try to output that as a pdf.

After contacting my ISP they seem to have solved a few of my issues, mine is now generating a PDF file, its just all wonkey, but they are still on the case.

Hope that helps,

Rob

I've thrown some code inside of the cfdocument tag and am still having the issue. I am reading through your thread. Any idea what your ISP might have changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back