Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error "none of the resources available can be used."

Status
Not open for further replies.

31mike

MIS
Aug 22, 2006
US
Commvault 6.1
I just started receiving this error today and can't figure out what the problem is. the error is "Read operation cannot be completed as none of the resources available can be used."
this error occurred on three backup jobs that were set to start at the same time. Subsequent back up jobs were able to start and complete. The backup jobs in question currently have the status of waiting.

Look at the logs on the jobs that are waiting (right click ---> view logs) to see more details about the error.

Not seen this one before but, have you tried restarting the jobs? may have just been a comms error and the other jobs kicked in and reserved resources before they had time to restart.

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

I did a restart on the jobs but they went back into the waiting status. I then killed the jobs and tried to run them again but received the same error message. In looking at the logs I found the following:
Failed to find a compatible Drive Pool due to error :322

Delete and rediscover the drives in the drivepool in Library and Drive config. After that make sure you are all patched up.

I concur with bigg22 sounds like a lib & drive config issue

but the kicker is other jobs are working!!
But you can't really go wrong with doing an exhaustive detection just to make sure the system sees everything

Are these jobs going through different Media Agent to the other jobs?

If so then use scsicmdtool.exe to ensure that comms are correct from that MA. (still worth redetecting drives though as well)

Birky

did the MS KB article that I showed you not fix the problem?...it should have done because the error code was shown within the logfile data that you provided

Birky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back