Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error "Application C:\program....IExplore.exe Failed to Launch"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I get the error message above when I try to run an asp project from within VI. I also get "Can't attach to machine 'whatever'".

It's finally driving me crazy--I get this on every machine I've every used VI on--windows 98, win2k, windows XP, numerous machines of each OS. It's always the same. What is the problem?
Thanks,
--Jim

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem now. Please let me know!

Ard05,
Not really. Now I only get the 'Failed to launch IE' error from my home machine, not at work, but the "can't attach to machine xxxx" I still get, and I get that on every machine I've ever used VI on. I have no idea why it changed at work--maybe a service pack or something.

In fact, nobody I've ever talked to has ever been able to debug asp pages. MS documentation seems to suggest it's possible, but I've never even heard of it occuring in the real world. I just click away the messages and continue without asp debugging when I run my apps from VI.
--Jim

jsteph,

As far as debugging in InterDev, it's is not the most easily reconciled feature for developers. With a lot of tweaking (and a wee bit of luck), I finally managed to get my own machine to do it. For some additional help, you might try this thread: thread117-730053.

As for the 'Failed to Launch IE' error, I have never come across the problem, so not sure what else to tell you... Sorry... :-(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back